4 Legged Wedding Guests - What you need to know!
- First and Foremost , does your venue allow pets? Typically B&B’s, Farm Type Venues and Outdoor Estates will say ok to your four legged friend being on the property. Hotels, Catering Halls and Ballrooms are definitely less pet friendly.
- If your venue is on board, consider how easy it will be to keep your pooch contained, out of trouble and have easy access to grassy areas for potty breaks.
- Even though this is your big day, you have to take your guests into consideration. Does anyone have a severe pet allergy or aversion to dogs? This can be a deal breaker for some people.
- Since you and your significant other will be a bit busy, do you have a designated doggie sitter to take the reins? You’ll need someone to make sure your best bud gets food, water and taken to the facilities.
- You know your dog... are they an over excitable not so well trained pup? A veteran family member that knows how to chill? Having a dog jumping all over you and your guests, barking and attacking the buffet may not be appropriate for this setting.
- If your still not giving up on including your fur-baby... Consider these options.
- Have someone at the ceremony to oversee the dogs care and promptly following your I do’s return them to the room. It’s helpful if you’re staying on the property where the wedding is taking place.
- If the venue is a no – go consider doing your engagement shoot with your pet to relieve the added stress of having them at the actual wedding.